Over the next couple of weeks we will be focusing on “spiritual gifts” in worship, looking specifically at the Scriptures from 1 Corinthians 12-13. I hope you will take time to read these chapters as we prepare for worship on Sundays.
I am challenging the whole congregation to spend some time discerning what your God given gifts and skills are, and how we can use these gifts together for the upbuilding of God’s Kingdom and this congregation.
I know that some in the congregation have done this before I arrived, and there are at least 20 persons that did this in the fall during the study: A Disciple’s Path.
In the coming weeks, I would like to see everyone in the congregation discerning and contemplating how they will put their gifts to work.
- Plan to attend worship each week between now and February 10th
- Take a Spiritual Gifts Inventory (two options are outlined below)
- Spend time in prayer about what you discovered
- Discuss with friends and family what you discovered – do they confirm your gifts?
- Share your top 3 gifts with Pastor Mike (email@example.com)
Spiritual Gifts Inventories:
ONLINE: If you are comfortable with doing things online, there is a very easy way to do this.
- Read through instructions and begin survey
- Complete the survey and enter your email address and basic information (if you subscribe to anything, you can unsubscribe and you will be contacted further)
- Read through the information they send you, especially noting your top 3 gifts.
- There is an option to send this information to others from the online page, be sure to include firstname.lastname@example.org as a recipient.
PAPER VERSION: There is a Spiritual Gifts Inventory that is available in the church office. Let Rosie know that you would like to do that version.
- You can take it home and follow instructions, and complete the Spiritual Gifts Test on your own time.
- Return the completed form to church office. Note that you can do your own scoring and see your results fairly quickly.
- Pastor Mike will look through the findings.
In the coming weeks you will hear more about how we will be putting this information to work, and we will plan to have informal discussions about the process in which you can participate.