Lent is a special time to serve the Lord by serving others. Rehobeth offers these opportunities for you to follow the example of Jesus by helping your neighbors.
See the sign-up sheets in the Narthex for more information.
Available mission opportunities include:
- Lunch for Sherrills Ford/Terrell Fire and Rescue: Each Wednesday during Lent, we will be taking lunch to the Sherrills Ford/Terrell Fire and Rescue headquarters. Sign up to contribute an entrée, side dish, or dessert.
- Greeting cards for prisoners: Purchase greeting cards of all types to donate to a local prison for inmates to send to their families.
- Spreading mulch: We will be spreading mulch to beautify the landscape at Carolina Caring Hospice in Sherrills Ford.
- Children’s clothing: Donate clothing for the children of Sherrills Ford Elementary School.
- Mission Response Center: Sign up to work at the Western North Carolina Conference Mission Response Center in Terrell.
Holy Week Schedule: April 5 to April 12
Rehobeth offers a series of special services and events as we follow Jesus’ journey to the cross and celebrate his triumph over death. We trust that each of these services and events will bless you!
- Palm Sunday Service, April 5 at 10:15 AM: Join us as we celebrate the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. Note that there is only one worship service this day, at a special time.
- Maundy Thursday Service, April 9 at 7:00 PM: All are invited to the Maundy Thursday Service, in remembrance of Jesus’ Last Supper with his disciples.
- Good Friday (Tenebrae) Service, April 10 at 8:00 PM: On Good Friday, join us for Tenebrae (a “Service of Darkness”). The service features readings from the Bible describing the Passion of Christ and is characterized by the gradual extinguishing of lights and the stripping of the altar and pulpit. It is a powerful, deeply moving reminder of the suffering Jesus endured for our sake.
- Easter Sunday, April 12: Celebrate the empty tomb and Christ’s resurrection! Note that our services are held at special times today: “Sunrise” service at 7:00 AM and traditional service at 10:15 AM. In between services, join us for breakfast beginning at 8:00 AM in the Family Life Center.