Lenten Study- Wednesdays 6:30 PM March 13- April 10
Pastor Michael Rich will lead this adaptation of the online study, “It’s time to … Stop, Pray, Work, Play & Love”, available from the Society of St. John the Evangelist. So much of our stress and anxiety derives from our pollution of Time. God has given us the gift of time, and called it holy, yet we often experience time as a curse. Through this study, you will recapture time as a gift and discover how to experience the joy of the present moment.
The season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday. Join us in the church sanctuary on Wednesday, March 6, at 7:00 PM for a special Ash Wednesday worship experience. All are invited to this time of repentance and renewal.
Lent is a special time to serve the Lord by serving others. Rehobeth offers these opportunities for you to follow the example of Jesus by helping your neighbors.
See the sign-up sheets in the Narthex for more information.
Available mission opportunities include:
- Lunch for Sherrills Ford/Terrell Fire and Rescue: Each Wednesday during Lent, we will be taking lunch to the Sherrills Ford/Terrell Fire and Rescue headquarters. Sign up to contribute an entrée, side dish, or dessert.
- Greeting cards for prisoners: Purchase greeting cards of all types to donate to a local prison for inmates to send to their families.
- Spreading mulch on April 2: We will be spreading mulch to beautify the landscape at Carolina Caring Hospice in Sherrills Ford.
- Prepare and serve a meal April 3 and 4: Volunteers are needed to cook a meal on April 3 and serve the meal on April 4 at The Corner Table in Newton.
- Mission Response Center on April 6: Sign up to work at the Western North Carolina Conference Mission Response Center in Terrell.
Holy Week Schedule, April 14 to April 21
Rehobeth offers a series of special services and events as we follow Jesus’ journey to the cross and celebrate his triumph over death. We trust that each of these services and events will bless you!
- Palm Sunday Service, April 14 at 10:45 AM: Join us as we celebrate the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. Note that there is only one worship service this day.
- Easter Egg Hunt, April 14, from 2:00 to 4:00 PM: All children are invited to our annual Easter Egg Hunt, which will be held at Rehobeth’s Connor Recreation Center.
- Maundy Thursday Service, April 18 at 7:00 PM: All are invited to the Maundy Thursday Service, in remembrance of Jesus’ Last Supper with his disciples.
- Good Friday (Tenebrae) Service, April 19 at 8:00 PM: On Good Friday, join us for Tenebrae (a “Service of Darkness”). The service features readings from the Bible describing the Passion of Christ and is characterized by the gradual extinguishing of lights and the stripping of the altar and pulpit. It is a powerful, deeply moving reminder of the suffering Jesus endured for our sake.
- Easter Sunday, April 21: Celebrate the empty tomb and Christ’s resurrection! Note that our services are held at special times today: Early service at 7:30 AM and traditional service at 10:15 AM. In between services, join us for breakfast beginning at 8:30 AM in the Family Life Center.